As a homeowner, you enjoy counting on the fact that your heating and cooling systems are going to run effectively. Unless you’re taking the proper steps to ensure proper performance, though, you just might be wasting money on energy bills while also putting premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is an absolute to-do for any savvy homeowner looking to protect their investment in their home comfort systems. Discover more about how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should best occur before you first fire up your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check thermostat settings.
- Ensure no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Verify proper ignition on the burner.
- Check all electrical components.
- Inspect for signs of wear on belts.
- Verify system operation.
- Inspect vents for leaks or blockages.
- Clean or change air filter.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should perform A/C maintenance before the summer cooling season begins. This maintenance should include:
- Cleaning and inspecting motors
- Verifying thermostat settings
- Checking controls and safety switches or controls
- Verifying refrigerant charge
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Inspecting and adjusting belts
- Checking condensate drain
- Verifying system operation
- Cleaning the condenser coil
- Cleaning or changing air filter
- Verifying electrical connections
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the thought of investing your hard-earned money in setting up a professional service contract may seem like just one more expense to worry about, having such an agreement in place can truly be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups step up your home comfort levels, but they will also help to add life to your equipment, cut down on your monthly energy bills, and help to preserve warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait another week to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airco to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater Austin area.
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the experts at AiRCO.
Call us at 512.537.1234!